Well, of course, I'm learning that things don't stay the same very long with a baby. Especially naps!
This past week for three days in a row my lovely child would take a great morning nap and then when it came time for her afternoon nap, she would lie awake in bed for at least an hour (crying on and off) and then finally wear herself out to then fall asleep for about an hour. It was exhausting. Thankfully the morning nap was still fine and she was still sleeping great at night.
I called our nurse and we went through what it could be. Teething? I mean come on - the child still only has TWO teeth. It is never teething. She is about to start walking? We both agreed this would mess with more than just one nap. She is ready to move to one nap? We both agreed that it what it probably was.
I have to say I'm kind of excited about this transition. Our mornings are free to go do things, I will hopefully have one good long period in the afternoon while she sleeps. I'm fine with one nap. I will cry the day that her one nap disappears!
We started trying it yesterday. It worked well since we went and got her shoes. She was distracted during her normal nap time. Then she napped from 12:30-2:30. I would say that is pretty good for her first day. We will see how it continues.
This probably means we will get to move bedtime a little earlier which will make me happy too! I think we are all going to win with this transition. Some changes can be good!
No comments:
Post a Comment