A new addition to our family!! Most of you that read the blog already know that we are expecting our second child on March 4. For those of you that didn't, here's the announcement! We are a little over 8 weeks along and the baby is growing with a strong heartbeat of 174!!
We could not be more excited!
If you have been a long time follower of the blog you know the long journey that Nate and I have been on the past 4 years. It was a journey of fertility drugs, surgery, more fertility drugs and fertility procedures. The Lord blessed us with our Monkey through the journey and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. That journey taught me to rely and trust in the Lord like I never have in my life. And though I forget frequently, all I have to do is think on that time and remember.
This journey was a bit different. It was harder in many ways. We started trying to have another baby a year ago. (Believe me, I see the Lord's wisdom in waiting until now!). We knew with the trouble we had the first go round, that we might have the same trouble again. Well, in a way we did. We tried for awhile, then in January decided to start treatments again. We made it through 2 rounds of treatments with no luck. Let me tell you, going through treatments with a kid already here is pretty rough. I also dealt with a lot of anger during those couple of months. Anger I didn't deal with the first time around. I just felt so broken. I felt like my body wasn't working the way it was supposed to, I didn't really feel like a woman.
Well, in March of this year we decided to have the surgery that we had before Monkey again. My endometriosis had returned and the doc was able to clear it out again. We left ready to hit the ground running with treatments as soon as we were cleared. Well in May I began to take the first round of drugs and when we went to the doctor, my body was acting as if I hadn't taken anything. That round was not going to work. Nate and I discussed it and decided to take a break. We had a couple of trips coming up and we just didn't want to deal with it. It was the first time in 4 years that I felt the Lord saying, "Lay it down - no treatments". So we listened. And boy was that ever a good idea, because the Lord chose this time to create life without the use of treatments, no drugs, no nothing!!!!!!
I cannot even explain to you the joy it brings. I'm not broken. The Lord brought healing to my body and allowed it to work the way He intended!
Now I know there are people that might ask, well do you think you should have even done treatments with Monkey. Maybe if you had waited long enough, you would have gotten pregnant without them. To those people, I would say YES - we did the right thing. Our first child is a gift from God just as this one is. God is the creator of life. Period. Monkey was meant to come into this world when she did, not a minute before and not a minute after. Our journey is our journey. The Lord blessed us with modern medicine that helped my body work the way it needed to in order to have Monkey when she was supposed to be here. Now He has chosen to bless us in another way. AMAZING!
Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment