Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy 1st Birthday Lil Bit

Well, the day finally came on Friday and I was glad that it had to happen that way.  It was a reminder to celebrate life amid our very sad week.  The girls were stuck at my parents house on Friday night since they had taken them while we awaited and recovered from the miscarriage.  The sun finally started doing its job about mid morning and the girls got to come home after their naps.  I was so excited to get to see them both and hug their necks!  Of course it looked like Lil Bit had grown while she was gone.  She left my baby and came back my 1 year old (still my baby!).

We had some friends bringing us dinner that night so we took some time before dinner to celebrate with Lil Bit.  I had the chance to made cupcakes that morning and iced them with some pink icing.  This child eats just about anything that is put in front of her, so I figured this would be a no brainer!  NOT THE CASE.  I will post some pictures and tell the story!

We started out singing of course!  We had to keep the flame away from her because she would have grabbed it immediately!
Monkey helped her blow out her candle.
And then she touched the icing...
she wasn't sure about it being on her hand...
really wasn't sure what it was...
so she decided to touch it with the other hand...
and decided that she did not like it!
She still thought she might like the taste of it, so she put her hand to her mouth...
oh buddy!  She made the worst face, stuck her hands out and started physically shaking...
What is this that you just fed to me momma?????
I'm going to try it again, but I really don't like it!!!
So we decided to flip the cupcake over and let her taste the cake...
NOPE!  I even put a little piece up to her mouth and she was having none of her cake!  She wanted it off the tray.
She wanted it off the tray really BAD!!!!
So we gave her some puffs to calm her down and then got her out of her high chair to open up presents!
Monkey on the other hand has decided that she likes icing and chocolate cake (mostly icing).  She licked the icing off the top and then had 2 tiny bites of cake and was done.
I really can't complain that neither of my girls love sweets.  They would rather eat dark chocolate or cookies than any kind of cake!
Lil Bit wasn't really interested in her presents either, except for the tissue paper.  Monkey helped her open her presents and helped her break in her new toys!
She got a new ring stacker that she loves.  The post is collapsible and the rings can go on in any order.  She will play for a long time taking them off and putting them on.  She is very interested in how things work.
She also got her very own Baby Stella that she was not interested in at all, but it will grow in her!
She also got some books that her sister enjoyed listening to more than she did.  And then the last she opened was a xylophone bench.  She has to hit the balls through and they play the xylophone on the way down.  She can also take out the xylophone and just play it alone.  She and her sister both really enjoyed that one.  It makes her laugh to hear the balls roll down!

It was a good afternoon of celebration for our sweet little one!  Thank you Lord for blessing us with the gift.  Every child truly is a miracle and a gift from God.  I'm so very grateful that He saw fit to give us these 2 blessings.

No comments: