I LOVE music...I really LOVE music. I grew up listening to what is now 92.9 FM - I still think it is basically the same radio station that it was when I was little. It was the music that our parents were listening to and liked. That was not exactly "hip" music for me to listen to when I was little, but I liked it - aside from the occasional trip down New Kids on the Block lane, I didn't really listen to a lot of current music. I still remember that my first CD ever was Garth Brooks' Greatest Hits - and I don't even really like country music any more. I knew I liked music, but I didn't know what I liked.
It wasn't until I got to college that I really began to grow in my musical interests and develop my own. My brother unknowingly introduced me to a radio station that changed my world as far as music. I used to drive his car sometimes when I was in college and when I would get in, his radio would be tuned to Lightning 100 and I would just leave it. It was because of that radio station that I fell in love with music - it changed the way I listened - it changed the music that I prefer to listen to. Now, I still am not a huge fan of the classic bands like The Beatles and U2 (I know - gasp!), but I love different music and I love to find new and local artists that are just starting out.
iTunes also changed the music world for me, it is always introducing me to new artists that I love. The problem is, all that music costs money, so bascially I just get to make a very large wish list and every so often mark some off when I get to buy them. The thing that I find funny about myself though is that I don't like to just buy one song on iTunes. If I hear a song that I like, I will go find it on iTunes and listen to that artist's album. If I don't like the album as a whole, I don't buy it or the song. Therefore, I tend to like artists who make really solid albums that I know I can put on and listen to in their entirety.
All that being said, it was a big day in album releases yesterday. Two of my favorite artists realeased new albums. John Mayer and OneRepublic. On big days like this, I choose to spend the money. John Mayer's album is mellow and I really like it. OneRepublic's album is better than their first. I was so excited to get to listen to it while I worked out this morning and it was all I could to keep myself from dancing on the treadmill. I LOVE it! New music makes me happy - good music makes me happy. I don't dance often, it takes a lot to get me to dance, I love it, but I just don't do it often. Let me just say that ALL I wanted to do today at the gym was dance, I wanted to dance in the parking lot, and I finally did dance in my car on the way home.
So if you are out there reading this, go put your favorite song on, or treat yourself to some new music and JUST DANCE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment