Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's Good to Breathe

Thanks to being moved to the crawlers class in church Monkey has now had her 2nd cold of the season already.  There really is just no way from keeping those kids from mouthing the same toys - so we deal with what happens.  Hopefully her little system will get stronger soon and she can fight these colds off better.

She gets a really snotty nose when she gets a cold.  Along with this one has come a nasty cough (mainly at night!).  Ibuprofen and Benadryl have helped a ton, but the thing that has helped the most is the NoseFrida.



The concept behind this thing seems disgusting, but it is so effective that I don't care.  Monkey has had a hate/hate relationship with the nose bulb since she was born.  They are unpredictable.  Sometimes you get a great suction, and others it just irritates.  Also, you have to stick the end of the bulb in their nose and you never know how far is too far.

Friday night her nose was so stopped up and I knew she was uncomfortable so yesterday her daddy went and picked up a NoseFrida.  I had talked to a friend that said it really worked, so I thought it was worth a try.  Upon first use, it was wonderful!

So, here is the gross part.  You do use your own suction to pull the snot out of their nose.  But there is a filter that keeps it from ever even getting close to getting in your mouth.  The end of the blue tube in the picture goes just on the outside of their nostril (you don't have to stick it in their nose at all).  Once you have it on the end, you suck through the tube and it creates suction on the outside of their nose and pulls the snot out.

No matter how disgusting this may seem, I now have a safe and very effective way to clean out her nose.  She still doesn't like this because she still feels the unpleasant sensation of suction on her nose, but it is so effective I think she is beginning to tolerate it better.

With cold season coming on, if you have small children - I highly recommend this!!

This post is completely my own opinion.  I have no affiliation with the company or anyone who sells the product.

No comments: