Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter 2013

Well, Easter was a little different this year given that I had surgery on Good Friday!

We usually travel to see family on both Saturday and Sunday, but seeing as how I needed to be at home resting, family came to us both days.

On Saturday I was feeling pretty good.  Pop, JuJu, Tiece, Frank and Aunt Ruth came over for a visit that afternoon.  We took some pictures with all of those people in them, but Monkey was not having any of it.  She was unhappy in most of them, or was moving so much that the pictures were all blurry.  Pop and JuJu got her a yellow candy duck that she enjoyed eating and a large stuffed Lamb that she enjoys laying on.

Here are some pictures in a dress that her JuJu got her to wear.



She has figured out how to get on and off her horsey by herself.  She loves to ride him!
Sunday morning, I woke up feeling pretty good so we decided to try to make it to our 8:00 service so we could be at church for Easter.  I took 2 pain pills before we left in anticipation of it being hard.  Yeah, I wasn't ready to go to church.  We made it, but the pills kicked in when we got there and I wasn't really able to pay attention in church.  I also paid for it the rest of the day and didn't really feel great, but it was still a good day.

When we got home from church we showed Monkey her Easter basket and let her play with her goodies a little bit.  Our child doesn't care much for candy unless it is super dark chocolate.  So we got her a bag of 86% dark chocolate that she loves and some puzzles, sidewalk chalk and an Aquadoodle.

Doc, GaGa and Uncle Brad came over for lunch that afternoon.  They brought Monkey a sweet lamb for her room and a chocolate bunny that she enjoyed!

Here are some pictures of her from Easter morning in a dress that her GaGa got her to wear.




I love this, it was almost as if she was asking Daddy if the basket was really hers.







No comments: