Most of you that read this blog already know the gender of our second child, but just in case you are reading and you didn't know - IT'S A GIRL!!!
I had a thought in the back of my head, that maybe this baby could be a boy. But it didn't last very long. Let's be honest in between the two of our families - we didn't really have much of a chance of having a boy!
We are very excited that we are having another girl. I never thought I would say that, but I have loved having a girl and I think Monkey will do great having a baby sister once the adjustment has taken place!
Of course, being the type A person that I am, we went in with a name for each gender so I would know what to call our new baby! We had a boy name pretty quickly off the bat. The girl name was a lot harder to come by. I started probably 10 weeks ago trying to get Nate to talk about it with me, but he just wouldn't commit to something. Finally the Sunday afternoon before our ultrasound, we were talking about his grandfather (who had many names if you include his nicknames) and we came up with a name in one afternoon.
Our little girl will be named Gabrielle Josephine. We love her name. Monkey's name is so feminine and I wanted another girls name that was equally feminine. I think we found it!
Her first name is a variation of her great grandfather's nickname he grew up with. Nate's grandfather was called Gabby most of his life. When we went to his funeral 2 years ago, most of his friends only called him Gabby. I absolutely loved the name Gabrielle growing up. In fact, in French class, we would always have to pick "french" names and mine was always Gabrielle. We will most likely call her Gabby, we just liked the femininity of the full name.
Her middle name is after my great grandmother on my mom's side. I have always loved this name as well.
The best part of both of these names to me is their meaning:
Gabrielle - most meanings say God is my strength
Josephine - means God increases (how perfect for our family)
I don't have any good ultrasound pictures yet, she was a little stubborn the day of the ultrasound. We go back in 4 weeks to see if she will cooperate. From everything they could tell, she is healthy and growing as she should.
We can't wait to meet you Gabby Jo. We can't wait to see how you will be like your sister and the oh so many ways you will surely be different from her! We pray that the Lord continues to develop and grow you just as He has. We are on the backside of the count down now and it will be here before we know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment