Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Look Who's Two!

Oh my goodness, people tell you that time flies with children, but you really don't understand it until you have them.  My little baby is 2 today!

This sweet little face...


Has now become this beautiful little girl...


My how the Lord blessed us 2 years ago today.  It was a long labor that momma wasn't really ready for, but it was all totally worth it.  Our infant that was so somber and non-expressive has turned into the most expressive little girl.  She makes us laugh all the time.

She is incredibly patient for a 2 year old.  Her vocabulary is so great right now that it's so much fun to have a conversation with her right now.  She is also a little mimic though, so we have to be very careful what we say in front of her already.  I have resorted to spelling a LOT of words!

Her diet has gotten so much better.  She is becoming a good eater (mostly only at home) but I will take whatever I can get.

She still has a love for reading, but really loves a good puzzle these days.  She plays so well by herself and loves to pretend already.  One of her favorite things is to pretend with her babies, which I imagine will only get more and more defined when her baby sister comes along.  (More on the sister announcement later this week - I'm a little behind due to vacation.)

She has a sweet little heart and has become a very sensitive child.  I love watching her with her daddy - her face lights up when he gets home from work in the afternoons.

She is definitely a 2 year old though - she tests those boundaries and wants to be independent.  She can try my patience many a day, but most days, it doesn't last very long.  She just has to look at my with her sweet smile, or say "sorry momma" in her sweet voice and the frustrations just melt away.

She is going to make such a good big sister and I can't wait to watch her grow into that role.

Baby Girl - you are a sweet blessing in our lives.  We are so thankful that the Lord chose us to raise you.  I love being your momma and watching you grow and change.  Happy Birthday sweet girl!

No comments: