Well, I figured while I watched the storm coverage, making sure we were going to be OK, that I would update the blog for a minute.
I know I said I was going to be more regular at updating, and for awhile there - I held up what I said. But then Christmas and everything after happened and I got too busy! Here are a few updates:
Right after Christmas was over, we decided to shut down our house and potty train Monkey. She was showing signs that she was ready and so we thought we would try. It was a pretty good experience, relatively easy compared to some other experiences I have heard. Tee-tee in the potty was a breeze. Once she understood what she was supposed to do, she didn't have an accident. She can hold it like a pro when we are out and we are so proud of her! The other was a different story. That is what made life difficult for a good month or so. I'm not going to embarrass her on here for when she gets older, but it finally resolved itself and now, we are potty trained like a champ. She still wears diapers at nap and at bedtime, but with a new one coming any day now, she can wear diapers then as long as she likes!
My nesting has been kicking in like crazy. I have been able to get quite a lot done around the house! Little Bit will be coming to our room for the first part of her life, which will be different from Monkey. But I'm not walking up and down the stairs at all hours of the night. Our room is big enough that she has her own little corner and hopefully she won't be so loud that she keeps me up in between feedings.
Her nursery is almost done. I will post some pictures when we get everything in there. I didn't have to have everything finished like I did with Monkey. Things are different with your second baby!
My due date is March 4, which means I am past the 38 week and she could really come any day now. I have been having a lot of Braxton Hicks with this one. I didn't have a single one with Evie, so this has been different. I can tell the difference, but I'm still getting tired of having them. I'm ready for the real ones to get this thing moving! I don't want to rush her, but being pregnant with a 2 year old can be rough!!
The next update will probably come when we return home from the hospital. Please continue to pray for us. She has been moving a lot lately which is comforting. I just pray that she is healthy, that we have a delivery without complication and that she and I are both safe and healthy when it is all said and done. Join us in those prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment