Monday, March 3, 2014

Ticking Time Bomb

That's what I feel like right now!  My due date is tomorrow and this little girl is still as comfortable as she can be.  She is just hanging out.  I have to say - today - I'm thankful.  We have ice and snow all around and the thought of getting to the hospital in the middle of the night is nerve wracking.  My doctor offered to induce starting last week, but Nate and I just weren't up for that.  Normally, I would be all over that - I am such a Type A controller that I thought that is what I would do, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it.

Monkey came about 5 days early so I just get thinking that Lil Bit would come early as well.  I was wrong!  But I do know that the Lord created this precious life and He knows when she is set to take her first breath on this earth.  Down to the hour and minute.  That doesn't make this whole waiting process any easier.

We did make it to the doctor for a check today though and did however decide to schedule an induction for next Monday.  She will be 40 weeks and 6 days at that point and I don't really want her getting much bigger.  An induction scares me because you are at a much greater risk for a C-section than if you go into labor on your own.  But once I'm past due, I'm a little more willing to take that risk.  I really have a feeling that she will come before the induction, but at least I do have an end date in sight.

So for those of you keeping up with the blog and wondering if we have had our girl yet, we are still waiting.

Will post updates when I have one!

No comments: