Monday, March 17, 2014

First Couple of Weeks

Well, we are all still alive!!  That is an accomplishment.  We even went out last Friday night as a family of four for the first time.  It's nice to go to a restaurant and have one of your children sleep the whole time.  :)

We are in our 2nd week.  Some days it is hard to believe that we are already 11 days in, but some days I forget that our Lil Bit is still so little.  

She is still doing well.  She still sleeps GREAT at night and I am very thankful for that.  I think that is one of the reasons that I feel so good is that I'm getting some good sleep.  

Naps have been a little rocky as she gets used to living life out in the world!  She is doing better and we are figuring out what works for her in order for her to take a nap in her bassinet.  When she naps in her bassinet, I have more time for one-on-one with Monkey.  I'm noticing a huge difference in her behavior.  One, she is getting used to her sister being here.  Two, WE are getting used to her sister being here.  And three, we are figuring out what works in order for us to split our time between the two as well as spend time together as a family of four.

I forgot how much the first year of a child's life is an ever changing world.  As long as I can keep up with those changes, we are doing good!

Next up on the list to accomplish will be an outing with both girls by myself.  It's a little ways down the road - but I'm excited about how life is going to move forward from here.

Here are a couple of pictures of a proud big sister getting to hold her sister all by herself.  I figured out using a boppy was the trick to helping her do it on her own.  Lil Bit loves the sound of her sister's voice and will turn her direction every time she hears her.  I love watching this relationship develop!







No comments: