It was so nice to be at church today and Lil Bit did great and slept through the whole service. Monkey did great and as far as we know didn't whack any of her little friends in the head with her cast. :)
Standing in church this morning singing, I was reminded again of our journey to this point and was almost moved to tears thinking about how far the Lord has brought us in the last 5 years. We started going to our church 5 years ago. Just after we started visiting, we found out we were pregnant for the first time. As many of you already know, shortly after, we found out we had miscarried our first baby. I was involved in a bible study and made some lasting friendships through that first trial. As we sang our worship songs this morning I remembered standing in that sanctuary 5 years ago with tears in my eyes, crying out to God - asking why He would take our first child. He would begin to show me in the events that followed that there was a greater purpose to that loss. I have been able to walk along side so many friends that have struggled with the same issues. My faith grew and strengthened through our journey. The Lord used it to bring Nate and I closer, instead of pull us farther apart.
As I stood in church holding one of my daughters in my arms and knew one was being loved on in Sunday School, I was overwhelmed with gratefulness for the all that the Lord has done. 5 years ago, I would never have been able to look into our future and see these blessings. But the amazing thing is my Heavenly Father knew, He knew 5 years ago where we would be today. He whispered to my heart 5 years ago - wait, be still and be patient. I am with you, I will comfort you and take care of you. I didn't know what that would look like - it could not have included children at all, but I'm so thankful that His plan did include children for us. What a blessing they are. Through the hard times and the oh so wonderful times.
We came home from church today and enjoyed our girls. Monkey is such a good big sister and has become a big helper. I cannot wait to see how they interact with each other as Lil Bit gets older and more interactive.
![]() |
| I love this picture - sweet sisters looking at each other! |


No comments:
Post a Comment