Friday, March 14, 2014

Lil Bit is Here


Well, I managed to find some time to sit down and write a blog about Lil Bit's birth.  It has been a week and one day and it is hard to imagine that much time has passed.

Most of you already know that she was past her due date.  One thing you don't do to a very Type A pregnant woman is let her go past her due date.  It wrecked me, especially since Monkey was almost a week early.  Lil Bit's due date came and went and I was still pregnant - and unhappy.  She was due on Tuesday and finally Thursday morning I woke up crying.  I thought my water might have broken on Wednesday afternoon and I couldn't get that out of my head.  So, just in case, we packed up and left for the hospital, fully expecting to be sent home that afternoon.  (After all, we got sent home twice with Monkey!).

We showed up and thankfully at the moment we showed up, the census was low and our nurse was bored.  She told me that even if my water hadn't broken that I was staying and could be induced if I wanted.  I wanted to kiss her in that moment and was so relieved that we would finally get to meet our baby girl.  Nate nor I wanted to induce before her due date, but once she passed it, I was getting more and more OK with it.  I was a little nervous bc your risk of c-section is higher, but I was ready.  Apparently it takes a long time for my body to kick start into labor, but once it does, my labors are pretty quick.  We showed up at 7 and all went well and we had our baby girl by 2:07 that afternoon.  She was 8lbs 1 oz. and 20.5 inches long.

So far, she is such a good baby.  She has an opinion - she doesn't like to be changed (diaper or clothes). She LOVES her paci (her sister did not).  She is a great sleeper (as was her sister).  We are currently getting 4 hour stretches most of the time at night.  She is already on formula and has taken well to it (I nursed for awhile, but I'm a better mom when I don't nurse).  She LOVES to be swaddled.  If she is fussy and we have tried everything, usually a good swaddle will take care of it.  She smiles ALL the time in her sleep already (maybe she will be less solemn than her sister in the beginning).  She is pretty easy going all the way around (so far!).

I'm doing much better this time around.  I don't seem to be suffering from what I now see was postpartum with Monkey.  I'm sleeping better and I'm more confident.  I don't feel like the crazy person that I did when Monkey was born.  I'm very glad about that, because learning how to parent two kids is not a piece of cake.  It is a daily learning experience.  Monkey is taking some time adjusting, but she is doing well.  I explained it to someone today that she was a pretty mature 2 year old that we had gotten used to.  Bringing Lil Bit home just turned her into a regular 2 year old.  She really is doing great, there are just some challenges that come along with adjusting to not being the only one.  Nate and I are trying to learn the balance of grace and discipline to not let her take it too far!

The Lord has blessed us with two wonderful little girls.  It's hard to believe when we look back at our 5 year journey that we are sitting here today.  My heart is full at this moment and I know that is just going to get better with each passing day as we can watch our girls grow and play with one another.
Her color was so good except for her normal little newborn blue hands and feet!
First Bath

Ju Ju
Ju Ju and Ga Ga
Doc
Pop
Our first family of four photo
Aunt Allie and Uncle Ryan
Uncle Brad
Goose
So So 

Finally home and Monkey got to hold her
Great Grandmother MaMa
La La
Great Grandmother Tiece
Libby
Ruth

No comments: