Well, we have had an eventful last week or so!
Lil Bit is doing well. She is growing, growing, growing. We had her 2 week checkup yesterday. I know she weighed 9lbs. 2 oz. - she has gained 26 oz since we left the hospital - quite impressive! I don't know her head size or her length - they measured her, but we had an eventful appointment because of our eldest. More on that in a bit.
She is eating well. She is on formula, but has had a little trouble. She either has trouble digesting the protein in the formula or she has reflux in maybe a worse way that Monkey did. We are trying some different formula first, so we will see if that's it. Maybe we won't have to use meds, but I have a feeling we might.
She is still sleeping pretty well as night. She is strong like her sister was and keeps breaking out of all the swaddles that we have. She gets her hand and it wakes her up at night. I have ordered some of the swaddle pods like we used with Monkey and I hope those will help her sleep longer. We got the OK that we don't have to wake her at night. She is sleeping OK during the day, which is the same as her sister (one reason I think she has reflux). Monkey always slept great at night, but had daytime trouble until we got her reflux under control. Lil Bit is a sleep fighter though. Unless I'm wearing her, she will not go to sleep in our arms. She just wants to look around and will stay awake for 2 hours or more - it's crazy.
She was born with a strong neck and is already lifting her head and rolling to her side from her back. I hope that is not an indication that she will do things early! With the second, I'm fine with her being a little delayed in the movement skills! :)
Now onto Monkey! Last week, she was playing with some of her little friends in the playroom. They had put a chair up on the toy bench and decorated it like a throne. Monkey was the queen and was apparently sitting on the chair and fell off to the floor. She caught herself just right with her hand and started crying. When I went in there, I didn't know what happened, but she is one tough kid and just usually doesn't cry. Her arm hung limp at her side for a little bit and we tried to decide if we would take her in. It started getting better and didn't swell or bruise so we thought it was just sprained. We gave her ibuprofen and sent her off to her grandparents the next day. She spent the weekend there and on Sunday was still complaining that it hurt. I went ahead and took her with me to Lil Bit's appointment and they did an x-ray and it turns out that our poor sweet girl had been living with a fracture for almost a week. Nate and I felt so bad, but our doc assured us that we did the right thing based on her symptoms. Because her arm is so small and she is two, they couldn't fit her with a splint - they had to do a full arm cast. She was a champ yesterday. She never cried once and was so pleasant talking to the lady that put her cast on. She even did great when she picked out pink and they told her they didn't actually have that color. She chose purple instead and I think I like it better because it shows less dirt! She is already used to the cast and is doing so great. We are so proud of her!





No comments:
Post a Comment