Saturday, June 7, 2014

3 Months...

And we are back!  We had a big weekend.  Mommy's birthday today, Lil Bit was 3 months yesterday and Monkey slept in her big girl bed for the first time today!  More on that one later.  Pop and JuJu came over last night to watch the girls so we could go to dinner and a movie.  It was nice to have a date night out with Nate!  It's been awhile.

I don't have a ton of pics for Lil Bit's 3 Month shoot.  It makes me laugh because 3 months is a pretty big milestone, and I almost forgot it.  I usually try to do the shoot in the morning, but I waited too late and she woke up early from her nap and I tried to get them in before a feed.  I also tried to take them while big sis was in the room - which made it harder!  But, it's fine - I still captured pics on the day - so here are a few of the good ones.

I forgot how much I love 3 months.  Things start getting so much easier.  Not that our babies are all that hard in the beginning, but a routine really starts to show itself and everyone gets a little more settled.  It's nice.

Lil Bit is doing so well.  She is doing much better in the feeding department.  She has been a hard baby to feed since the beginning (you can't tell) but we have learned a few tricks to make it a little easier.  She is also a very distracted eater - so we are working our way around that.

Sleeping is great.  We are back to sleeping through the night.  Before we left for vacation and while we were on vacation she started waking in the night again.  It didn't last too long though and now we are back to making it until about 6:30 which is wonderful.  She doesn't cry much when we lay her down anymore, and she doesn't cry too much when she wakes up.  She is a very happy, content baby.

She still doesn't care much for tummy time, but she is getting the hang of it.  She is starting to really work on rolling over for real.  She can roll over when she is propped up on her arms, but she is still trying to navigate when her arms are down beside her.  That's when she gets really mad.

She LOVES her hands.  It's kind of crazy.  She has started holding on to some toys and pulling them to her mouth, but really she would just rather have her hand.  She will suck on her fingers or her fingers and thumb, but mostly she is just chewing when she has her fingers in her mouth.  She drools constantly - I would think she was teething, but I think it's still too early.

She still loves her paci, but thankfully doesn't really use it to go to sleep.  She has however gotten attached to her lovey already.  She is still in her woombie, but when we lay her down in her bed we put her lovey up by her face and she usually goes to sleep with her head laying over on it.

She smiles all the time at just about anyone who pays her attention.  My favorite though is that she is starting to smile at her sister.  (see the pic below!)  There are small moments of interaction that are starting to happen between the two of them and I hope it only grows.  Monkey still loves with a fierce love so we are still working on being gentle without stifling her.

We have started to hear the beginnings of a laugh - one of my favorite things.  Her Uncle Ryan actually got the first sound of a laugh out of her at the beach and since then her daddy and I have been able to pull a few out.  Usually though it gives her the hiccups.  So she starts trying to laugh but then takes in too much air and starts hiccuping.  Once the hiccups start, she can't really laugh anymore!

Monkey is so proud of her sister.  Whenever we go anywhere she always has to make sure people see her and know her name.  She introduces Lil Bit to everyone, even if they aren't paying attention.

Lil Bit likes to be outside.  She just looks around and observes.  This is pretty much her approach right now.  She is happy to sit and look at everyone and watch what is going on.  She still takes 4 naps a day with the 4th one being a very short cat nap.

No idea what she weighs, but she is a chunker.  She can wear some 3-6 month and some 6 month clothes already.  She is also very long.  I'm wondering if she will be off the charts at her 4 month appointment.  She is a healthy, happy growing little one.

Her favorite thing to do right now is to lay on her mat or in the pack n play and look at her mobile or in the mirror and play with the hanging toys.  She still just talks to herself while she is playing.  She is thankfully so content to play by herself.  So much so, that with 2, I almost forget she is awake sometimes!  She is going to have to start making her presence known a little more.

She loves her baths now.  I think I finally figured out the temp she likes.  She knows bedtime is coming once the bath starts and she is happy about going to bed at night.

We are so thankful for these 2 precious gifts.  It's hard to believe that our first baby is already in a big girl bed and our youngest is already 3 months old.  Time is flying by.  It's hard sometimes with 2, but I wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments: