Monday, August 11, 2014

Getting our Hands Dirty

Monkey has not always loved getting her hands dirty, so I have been working on some ways that teach her that it's ok.  I found all these homemade dough recipes online and decided to try a few out one week.  She really enjoyed playing with them.  I caught some pics of one of the doughs and another activity that we did one afternoon.

The first activities was a game where she had to free her toys from their frozen state.  I froze the toys in layers and then dumped it out of the bowl.  Then I gave her a bunch of warm water and some utensils to pour that water.  This kept her busy for almost an hour!  We have since done it again and it didn't last as long, but she still enjoys doing it for a little bit.  I found this idea somewhere online, but don't remember where.








This dough recipe is probably my favorite.  It's a bottle of cheap conditioner and a box of corn starch.  That's it!  It's silky and smooth and actually is moldable.  The best part is that it has a scent, whatever conditioner you choose - we picked coconut for the first batch.  It's a little sticky when you first start mixing it, but the more you play with it the better it gets.




She loved putting all her characters in the "snow" and burying them in it.
We have enjoyed doing some things that we have found online.  We are starting preschool at home this week and it will be full of fun projects for us to do together.  It's fun spending this time with her when I have something planned.  She does better and I do better when part of our day has planned activities!

No comments: