Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hide It In Your Heart

This year with preschool, we are working on a verse each week that goes with the letter we are studying.  I got the verses from this Tot School website.  It has been so much fun watching Monkey learn these verses and hide God's word in her heart.  It has been great for me as well because I now probably have more scripture with references in my heart as well.  I'm loving it for her as much as for me.  I have been trying to get video of her saying these verses for weeks now, but the camera comes out and she clams up.  The mic on my phone is also broken and it only works when it is facing you, so she can see herself for all these videos.  She gets a little silly at the end of each verse and gets a little loud.  But she was in the mood to share today so I went with it!

It's easier to remember stuff when it is set to a song.  So I have used tunes from different songs, or made up my own tune to go with the verses.  It has been fun trying to come up with the tunes for these.  Hope it's still fun when we get halfway through!

Verse A - Attitude.  "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." Philippians 2:5


Verse B - Believe.  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16


Verse C - Created. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1


Verse D - Directs.  "For I am the Lord you God, who teaches what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go." Isaiah 48:17


Verse E - Everything. "Do everything, without grumbling or arguing." Philippians 2:14


Verse F - Follow. "Come follow me Jesus said, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19


Verse G - Go. "Therefore go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Matthew 28:19


This is one I have thrown in there.  It is one of my favorite verses and it actually hangs over Lil Bit's changing table.  This is probably my favorite one.

"I am at rest in God alone, my salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my rock, and my salvation, my stronghold I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2

No comments: