Well, if I had any hesitations about doing Baby Led Weaning, I no longer do at all.
The name doesn't really make sense, my guess is that it got its name from the angle that babies decide when to stop nursing and gradually wean themselves away. Who knows.
The premise behind the method though is that you don't really ever feed your baby baby food. I was very hesitant to try or start it, but with Monkey being such a picky eater, I thought it was worth a try. She has only really choked once. I had my friend who is a pediatrician beside me and I was able to handle it on my own. It wasn't so bad that I had to get her out of her high chair. She just gags when something is too big, or spits a bite out pretty quickly that is too big.
You aren't really supposed to feed them anything, nothing - they feed themselves from day one at around 6 months. It as a slow start for Lil Bit, but once she got it - she LOVES it! Mornings are still a little harder because we mainly drink smoothies. So I just save some of our fruit from the smoothie and give her some cereal.
For lunch she usually eats some veggies I have steamed or baked in the fridge and some fruit. And then for dinner most nights I can break down whatever we are eating and she can handle it.Today for lunch she had a little zucchini, carrots, peas, limas and pear. She also had a little bit of deli meat and cheese.
I am a HUGE fan of this feeding method now. She still has her opinions, but she will try anything we put on her tray. So far, she is not a fan of broccoli. Now she will just leave it on her tray until I give her something else. Other than that - she eats just about anything we have given her.








No comments:
Post a Comment