Saturday, April 25, 2015

New Opportunity

God has blessed me with a new opportunity and I will be teaching preschool 2 days a week starting in August.  Nate and I have been talking about me getting a part time job for about 2 years now, but nothing ever presented itself that seemed like it would work.  I kept praying about it and just trusted the Lord would bring something when it was time.

Last Saturday I was working a book fair with a friend.  It was a fundraiser to benefit a new preschool starting in Nolensville.  It was during the open house at the church for the school.  I walked over to look at the info.  I wasn't really interested in sending Monkey, but she has some friends that will be going there, so I thought I would take a look.  The church's children's minister and one of the directors of the program was standing behind the desk.  I told her that I was just going to pick up a form and she looked at me and out of the blue said - do you want to teach?

I literally looked behind me and then looked back at her and said - me??  And she said YES!  She knew nothing about me, didn't even know my name.  I stood there for a minute and said, well, I don't know.  She started telling me some things about the program and my heart started beating really fast.  I wasn't nervous, it is the way that the Holy Spirit generally guides me to do something.  So we kept talking and I began to realize this was the door I had been waiting to open for almost 2 years.  It was an opportunity too good to pass up.  I had an interview this past week and they decided to hire me!

The girls will be able to go with me and I will be able to teach in the class that is the age range between them.  I will teach 2 days a week and get to part of a program from the beginning.  I'm so excited to see what God is going to do in our family and through this program.  I'm looking forward to the journey!!

No comments: