Saturday, May 7, 2016

That Moment

It's been a hard morning. 

She's a 4 year old with the attitude of a 12 year old already. Nothing is right today, she cries at everything, fights with her sister over everything and just generally makes the morning pretty miserable for those around her. 

But then in a moment, God makes me stop and really look at her. 

She is in the back of the car talking about being a little nervous before her game. I look back and see her. It's one of those moments that I really see her. She is beautiful. Yes, physically she is beautiful. Her hair is pulled away from her face and her cheeks are flushed. But that's not what I mean. 

Today she is beautiful because she is the one that God chose to give to me, the one He chose to call me Mommy - a name I ached to hear for so long. She is beautiful because she is such a gift. Hard fought years of faith, patience and letting go all came together with the miracle of her life. She is beautiful because God made her and gave her to me. May I never forget that in the hardest of times.  And may I never forget the added blessing of being called Mommy by 2 precious gifts.

Happy Mother's Day.






1 comment:

Ashley said...

Happy Mother's Day to you dear friend!