Tuesday, May 10, 2016

We Are Home Owners Again!

Today was closing day!!  We are homeowner's again and we are so excited!


The journey to this day has been awesome.  I have written a little bit about it in a few posts, but it all culminated with the purchase of this home.

The Lord really began to work in our hearts maybe a year and half to two years ago.  He started with the nudge to guide us with the desire to homeschool.  We sat with that one for a little while.  I fought that one for a little while.  But when I finally gave in to His call for our family, I was at peace.  I began to have a vision and I began to get excited.

From there, He began to work in our hearts and gave us a desire to do with less.  Less space, less stuff, less yard, less debt, LESS.  We sat on that one for awhile too.  We decided each December we would visit the subject and see where we were.  This past December we were both on the same page and ready to list our house.

I prayed so fervently over this process.  I prayed that God would bring us the right buyers for our home and then I prayed over the home He would have for us.  We prayed over the neighbors, over the neighborhood, over the specific house.  We had a specific budget in mind to get us to a specific mortgage payment.  We also had some pretty specific needs and square footage desires for our new home based on the desires we felt God had given us.

It has been amazing to watch God place each one of those step by step in front of us.  We have had to be patient, take it a day at a time and be patient with His timing.  And it was worth the wait.  We have quite a bit of painting to get done and unpacking to get done before we really move in, but we cannot wait to get into this home and begin to make it a haven for our family.  One full of peace and full of light.

This house has a pretty amazing backyard area:


And to top it off, I walked into what will be Monkey's room and she has a chalkboard wall that we will be leaving.  The family we bought the house from are believers and one of their sweet daughters left us a message on the chalkboard today.  It brought tears to my eyes when I saw it and it felt like a little nudge from God that He was confirming this is where He truly wanted us.  We can't wait for all the memories that will be created in our new home!


No comments: