Thursday, January 19, 2017

Fewer and Fewer

Here I am this morning and I just wanted to write to any of my loyal readers that are still sticking around.  We are still here, but we are just busy with other things.  I love keeping this blog and I am going to keep trying, but it is getting harder.  I am trying to be intentional with the things I do, especially with school starting in the fall for real.  We are already doing some things with our morning to get ourselves into a good routine before Fall, and it is helping me realize I need to simplify life to enjoy it.

I love the thought of this blog because it serves as a sort of journal for my life.  So I am going to keep at it.  I might try to find one night a week and sit down and work on a few and post them in a row.  I will try to be more intentional with it.

I have been more intentional this week with a few things and it has been amazing how that has helped.  I now try my best to wake up at 5 each morning, which gives me 2 hours before the girls get up.  I can get in my prayer time and Bible reading, get a few things done around the house and get a shower before they get up.  It is amazing how much smoother it makes our day.  And I am sleeping so well at night!

I also divided my house chores into 5 days and zones.  No day takes me more than 30 minutes really and I'm done and the house already feels better this week on a daily basis.  I also have switched to a load of laundry a day this week.  That makes my loads smaller.  I pre-set the washing machine to wash around 4 AM so it is done by the time I get up and then I move the laundry over to the dryer and it is folded before the girls get up!

These simple things have been so great this week and I hope that the benefit of them keeps me going.  Doing this give me time for me during rest time and I am trying my hand at some new crochet things and reading new books during that time.  Everyone does better when they have some time for themselves!

And to top it off - HAPPY 9th ANNIVERSARY TO THE MAN I LOVE.  My goodness - 9 years.  There are days I feel like I have known him all my life and there are days that 9 years seems so short.  What wonderful gift God gave me.  Still 9 years later, the Lord is using Nate to make me a better person.  He is using Nate to refine me and to help me grow and He is using me the same way in Nate's life.  I am so thankful for the man that he is and the man that I watch him grow into each day.  He is a wonderful father, engaged with the girls.  He has a love for learning which will come in handy as be begin our homeschool journey.  He is a loving husband and takes great care of me.  He is so many more things, but most importantly he is mine!  And I am so thankful that the Lord used our sister-in-laws all those years ago and brought us to their minds at the same.  Thank You Lord!  I love you babe.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!