Friday, April 7, 2017

A Really Big Miracle

Well, It has been almost 2 months since I last posted and I have a very good reason this time!

God completely surprised us and we are expecting our 3rd baby on Halloween.  I am in the middle of my 10th week and we went to the doctor a couple of days ago and saw a healthy growing baby with a heartbeat.  This baby shall be called Nugget from here on out!


I still look at that picture and think about seeing the heartbeat and my eyes get full of tears.  I look at that picture and think about the miracle that this baby is.  ALL of our babies have been miracles, but on our journey this little life is a special one and we are so very thankful.

I'm still not sure I can completely put our feelings into words.  I honestly thought we were done having babies.  I didn't think I could have any more and I thought our family was complete.  We both still talked about having 3, but I had resigned myself to no more surgeries and no more treatments and just thought we were done.  I look back and remember hearing God whisper to me the day Lil Bit was born that she was not our last one.  When we lost our last baby, I considered His promise fulfilled, because He had created another life.  But apparently He truly meant that Lil Bit was not our last one and this is the fulfillment of that promise.  We continue to pray daily that Nugget would grow healthy and strong and that this baby would get to join our family here on earth in October.  We have a peace, knowing that God is with us and He will go before us no matter the journey.

I feel like I am just now coming out from living under a rock for the past 6 weeks.  This little Nugget has been making me sooooo sick this time.  Nauseous and exhausted - I have spent a lot of days on the couch over the past 6 weeks and Nate has done such a good job taking care of us all.  The sickness is starting to ease and I am sleeping better at night so I don't feel so exhausted during the day - thank goodness!!!  I have been so thankful for the sickness though because it has been a constant reminder that things are moving along as they should.

Continue to pray with us on our journey.  We are so excited about the future of our family and our girls are so excited to welcome a new little baby into their world.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Praying for you and Nugget daily!