Someone said it to me the other day and they were so right. Time really flies the more children you have. My goodness - is this ever going so fast! I can hardly believe it has been half a year already. 6 whole months that this little blessing has been part of our family. I so want time to slow down, but I'm also excited it's here. She is getting to one of my favorite ages.
She is trying to learn to sit up on her own. She is getting stronger and when she hangs out in her bouncy seat she tries to do a sit up and keeps picking up her head. We are trying to give her more time in her bumbo and the excersaucer and just more time with us helping her learn to sit up. But some days, that time is hard to come by and she plays on her back for a long time. The problem is - she really likes that best. She LOVES her playmat and loves to play with the things on there.
She is starting to roll over more. She will roll over on her side during her naps and sometimes roll all the way over. Also, just like the other 2, we leave the room for a minute and come back and she has rolled off her mat or across her blanket. She still cannot stand tummy time, but I am learning she has been our first baby with true reflux and that probably just doesn't feel very good to her. You put her on her belly and she promptly rolls over to her back.

Speaking of naps - she still doesn't take good ones. They are usually about 20 minutes in her bed. When we first adjusted her medicine and upped it again she started taking much longer naps, but her medicine is based on weight and very sensitive and she is back to 20 minute naps. All except her afternoon nap, which she is currently still taking on me - EVERY DAY - even as I type this. I do admit, I enjoy it, but she has got to get this napping thing down. We have an appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping she weighs enough to get higher meds. If she does, we are starting napping bootcamp and we are going to work on all naps being in the bed! But she smiles and is just so happy everytime I get out her napping blanket. How can you say no to that face?!

She is sleeping great at night. When her meds are right, she sleeps through the night all the way. Right now, when I don't think they are strong enough, she wakes anywhere between 4-6 in the morning. She now has a TON of pacis in her bed and she can get them back in her mouth and that buys us time. But there are just some mornings when she ends up with me or daddy so we can all rest until time to get up. I'm looking forward to a higher dose of meds so we can get some sleep. But I'm also a little sad, because I'm sure what this means for how long she will need to be on meds. She clearly still needs te

She is still so very hard to feed. We have figured out a good routine, but it still takes 30 minutes no matter what. When her meds are right, things are much better. That is why I'm hoping they aren't right, because we are back to 2-3 oz. bottles and you just can't get a good nap on that! She has started to try some solid foods. We are doing baby led weaning with her just like we did with Lil Bit and we are loving it again. We just put her in the bumbo on the dinner table with us at night and give her big sticks of the food we are eating and she will pick them up and suck on them or gnaw on them. She isn't really eating anything yet, but she is having fun learning about it. She has tasted broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, sweet potatoes, banana, avocado, apple, red pepper, and steak. She actually kept biting pieces off her apple today and working it around her mouth and sucking on it before she finally spit it out. She will be eating before we know it!

She is still by far our loudest, most vocal baby. She squeals loudly with delight most days and she will just talk her head off to you. She is a very easy baby to get to smile, but she is harder than Monkey to get to laugh. She has laughed some, but buddy we have to work hard at it and it mostly is just at her sisters. Most of the time you just get the beginning of a laugh multiple times and then its like she is missing her starter and just won't turn over to full laughter. One day soon though!
She LOVES her sisters. The picture above this she is smiling at Monkey and the picture below this she is smiling at Lil Bit. I love the looks on her face because you can tell just by looking at them that her face is lit up and she LOVES the person she is looking at. They really love her too and are good helpers when it comes to taking care of her.
She still doesn't have any teeth, but anything she has goes to her mouth - just like Lil Bit. That is her favorite way to play right now. She just puts everything in her mouth and really chews. She enjoys when we read, though I will admit I don't read to her as much as I did the other 2 - or really she hears chapter books more than picture books. But she does like to look at books.
She is starting to really take in everything around her and enjoys being outside. She likes going for stroller rides and just graduated to sitting in the big stroller seat instead of using her carseat. She is great rider in the car and falls asleep more easily than the other 2 did. She loves being around people and sleeps really well through loud noises. In fact I wake her up if I whisper, but I can speak loudly to someone and she just keeps on sleeping.

She is such a joy and though we never imagined life with her, now we could never imagine life without her. She has taught me so many things already in her 6 months of life and is continuing to do so. I'm learning to slow down, to let some things go - or figure out how to do them better so I get them done faster, and I'm trying to learn to sit in these moments with the 3 of them more and be more present. Each one of my girls has served to make me a better person. You sweet girl are working away at a few more of mommy's rough edges and I'm so thankful for that.
We love you so much and thank God that He gave you to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment