Wednesday, June 20, 2018

8 Months

Well, I got on here to update the blog and realized I never posted a 7 month blog!!  Whoops!  Things are a little busy around here and with school getting ready to start back up - they are only going to get busier.  This is the last thing I get to when I have time - so I'll keep trying!

Pumpkin was 8 months old yesterday and buddy is she fun!  She LOVES to smile and is pretty easy to get to smile.  She still is a hard one to get to laugh.  Lil Bit has the easiest time getting her to laugh, but for most of the rest of us she gives you a courtesy first half of the laugh.  But that smile...it's beautiful and will brighten any day.
We had to take her in for a weight check a couple of weeks ago and she is still sitting at about a pound behind her sisters.  She still does not like the bottle and does not like to take her formula.  Hence the weight check.  She is taking well below the norm for a baby her age, but she is also probably eating WELL above the norm for a baby her age.  The pediatrician says food is food so she is obviously getting enough to keep growing.  She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to eat.  And she loves to eat just about anything.  She seems to really like meat and she will hum when she really likes something.  It's so funny.
She is sitting up strong on her own now and she loves to be in her jumper and bounce a lot.  She moves her arms and legs like she is swimming when she is on her belly, but she really dislikes being on her belly so we are having to start working on tummy time again so she can get crawling down.  I'm not too sad that she doesn't want to crawl yet.  A mobile baby is a game changer and I'm just not quite ready for that.  She is content to sit or lay on her back and play.  She plays really well by herself right now and hopefully that will continue.  She will however let you know when she is done and wants some social interaction.
She is still our loudest baby.  She just randomly screams or squeals.  And there have been times when she has gotten angry at nap time and she is VERY loud.  She is finally taking great naps!!!!!!!!  YAY!!!!!  She takes a really good morning nap and a really good afternoon nap.  She sleeps with her bottom in the air and I have always thought they sleep better like that.  She is a champ at sleeping at night.  She might wake up in the middle of the night but she puts herself back to sleep.  We are so thankful!!
She can clap on command right now and is very observant of anything around her.  She is a very curious baby and I can tell she will probably be our destroyer of everything once she is mobile! :)  She is a cute destroyer though!  She loves being with people and loves being around her sisters.  You can tell when they haven't been around for a little while that she starts to miss them. 
She loves the pool this summer and the few times we have been she just hangs out in her float and chills while watching everything going on around her.  We have to be careful though because if it doesn't have enough air she can get her mouth to the water and would just sit there and drink it all day.  I still haven't made it to the pool this year by myself with all three and I probably won't!  The pool stays open late this year so we just wait until daddy gets off work, pack our dinner and head over there.  That works really well so far!
She still is a paci girl and I don't think she will ever find her thumb.  She goes to sleep with a crown of pacis in the bed and can usually find one when she needs it.  She really only needs them to sleep and when she gets tired though so that is nice.  She sleeps with her lovey but I'm not sure she is attached to that yet.  Most of the time she likes to have a paci in her hand too so I think that is more her security than anything else.
EVERYTHING goes to her mouth.  Even more than Little Bit so we have some baby proofing to do very soon!  These pictures are starting to get harder because she grabs at the blocks as soon as I set them down.  I'm having to get creative and quick with my pictures!
She is pretty chill unless she is hungry or tired and she can go with the flow.  If we want to do anything in the mornings with friends I usually have to wake her mid morning nap and she can hang with us until afternoon.  She is the queen of a cat nap and can get going on little short naps here and there.  It's so nice that she can do that because I don't feel locked at the house.  It has also made traveling this summer pretty easy.
She still does not have a single tooth nor a swollen gum to show evidence of a tooth.  I think she is our latest teether.  We keep thinking that she is cutting one because she gets fussy or drools a ton, but NOPE.  No teeth!
She loves to be sung to and her face lights up when we sing songs.  She enjoys being read to, but a lot of times I'm reading her big sisters books out loud so she just gets to listen and not always look at pictures.
Sweet girl - what a gift you are to our family.  We love you and you continue to bring us so much joy!!  I cannot wait to see your little personality continue to develop as you get older.

No comments: