Sunday night my dad treated the ladies in the family to a trip to see the Rockettes. I thought it was fantabulous! Little Miss So-So didn't get to go to the show because she is too little, but Mom, Birdie, Goose and I all had a great time. This was mom's second time to see the show, but it was the first time for the rest of us.
The entire show was packed full of entertainment. I didn't know what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised with a lot of different aspects. The cosutmes were great, the dancing was obviously fantastic and the music was enjoyable. Goose was captivated the entire show, which is an incredible thing to do for a 4-year-old. She even got to dance in the aisle right next to our seats. We might have a future Rockette on our hands!
The most amazing part of the show was the ending. The last number they do is a living Nativity scene. Now in today's culture where it is taboo to even say Merry Christmas, I thought they would just have the Nativity and sing a few songs, but no sir, they went all out. They acted out the Luke 2 story and read the scripture to go along with the scenes. Even beginning that part with a statement saying that this is the reason we even celebrate Christmas. The entire scence was breathtaking. They had live sheep and camels and the kings that came to bring gifts were elaborately dressed. At the very end they put a poem up called "One Solitary Life". It basically shared the gospel with the entire audience. Then they ended the show with the Hallelujah Chorus, with most of the audience standing. That was the end. No Rockettes dancing in the last scene and no encore to bring them back out. They didn't even come out to bow. They ended the show with the story of Jesus' birth.
Simply Amazing. There are some of those who remember the true meaning of Christmas and are not afraid to show the world what it is. They are not afraid to back down when the world tries to squelch it. I loved it and would highly reccommend the show!
No comments:
Post a Comment