Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all!  I have been reading all the new year's resolutions on people's blogs and status updates and thought about writing my own set.  But then I started thinking - I'm really great at making new year's resolutions, but I'm not all that good at following through with them.  Anyone with me?  I can make a list with the best of them and my favorite part is checking off those things that have been completed.  However, there is something about new year's resolutions that seem daunting.  I mean for some of the resolutions - you resolve to changing something for an entire year.  That's where the problem comes in for me.  I can hang in there for about a month or two, but then they go by the wayside. 

So, I have been thinking and I have come up with a plan (I guess you could call it a resolution!).  I'm going to see if this new plan will work for the entire year.  I'm going to make monthly resolutions.  Now some of those can carry over and some of them may be changed.  I will try to post those monthly resolutions as close to the first date of the month that I can.  This will keep me honest and might even help me keep them!  So here we go...

January Resolutions:
  • Work on trusting God and resting in His will for my life.  Knowing that He is sovereign and He loves me and has a plan for me, better than I could even imagine.
  • Stay dedicated to spending time in the word daily, anyway it happens, I just need to get there.  (Even on the weekends - my huge struggle).
  • Memorize three scripture references.  (It's sad when your 4 year old niece knows more than you!).
  • Begin working on my afghan and crochet at least 2 squares this month.  (I'm starting small since I still have to pick out and buy the yarn!)
  • Commit to working out AT LEAST 3 days a week - no less.
  • Spend less time with the TV or radio on in the house and more time in silence talking to God.
  • Cook one new recipe a week.
I think that is a pretty good start!  Some of these are going to be hard for me - so it will be interesting to see how I do.  I will report back in February how I did and set up some new resolutions.  I know I will fail at some of the goals I set up for myself, and I will be honest about it.  Knowing there is someone who is reading this though will be some sort of accountability and hopefully make me try harder!

No comments: