Sunday, January 31, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!

Finally the weather man got it right!!!!! Now this is the kind of snow day I'm talking about. The last time it snowed this much I was in London and missed it, so it has been a long while since I have seen this much snow.

Friday morning I was still skeptical that the snow would come, but when it started coming down around 10 I could tell it was here to stay and I was so excited! Sometime Friday morning we realized we had a branch on our power line that we couldn't get to and got worried our power would go out. Then we started thinking about how much fun it would be to be able to build a snowman with Goose and So-So so we called Bub and Bird to see if we could come spend the night and play in the snow. That way we would be warm if we lost power since they have a fire place and we would have some people to play with!

We got over there Friday afternoon just as it really started coming down. By early evening there was enough to go sledding down the hill in front of their house. Goose loved it, So-So would have rather been inside comfy cozy! She stayed out for awhile but was very ready to come in. We came in and had some homemade pizza for dinner, put the girls to bed and then I sat down to teach Bird how to crochet!

The next morning we awoke to more snow on the ground and were pretty excited to get back out there. Nate, like So-So, would have rather been inside comfy cozy, but he played with us for a good while our first trip out. We made two of course! We were a little disappointed however because the snow was too dry to build a snowman and there was a layer of ice on top that made it hard to even walk through. But there was still the hill and it was even better once we put wax and Pam on the bottom of the sled. We realized that we were snowed in another day and after a few rounds of sledding we all came back inside and had breakfast for dinner (the best on a really cold day) then we all hit the hay pretty early because we were exhausted.

By this morning, Nate and I were pretty tired and didn't think we were going to go back out. Bub and Bird headed out with the girls so they could sled with some friends down the street. When they got out, Bird realized that with the snow melting a little bit it was perfect for a snowman, so Nate and I geared up and we built one HUGE snowman this afternoon. The girls continued to sled all day and the dogs even hopped on for a few trips down the hill!

Nate and I decided that we thought we could make it home this afternoon - and really wanted to get back to our own bed (a double is just a little bit too small!) so we headed home. When we got home, we found our gazebo in our back yard had collapsed from the weight of the snow and ice. I will take pictures tomorrow and post them - didn't have time to today.

We had the best weekend! I LOVE SNOW!!!!! :)
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
 

No comments: