Well, I'm a little bit behind on my goals posting. This month kind of crept up on me - 2010 is moving fast - oh my! A little update on my January Goals to be vulnerable and honest.
- Work on trusting God and resting in His will for my life. Knowing that He is sovereign and He loves me and has a plan for me, better than I could even imagine. This one will stay with me all my life. I know I will never be able to complete this one fully until I am with my Heavenly Father.
- Stay dedicated to spending time in the word daily, anyway it happens, I just need to get there. (Even on the weekends - my huge struggle). Towards the end of the month it got a little bit better. I have changed the goal a little bit. Still working hard on the weekends - still a huge struggle.
- Memorize three scripture references. (It's sad when your 4 year old niece knows more than you!). This one sadly fell completely flat. No excuse, just lazy and didn't take the time to pick out verses to put in my memory. This one hurts me the most.
- Begin working on my afghan and crochet at least 2 squares this month. (I'm starting small since I still have to pick out and buy the yarn!) Of course, this would be the one that I demolished. I was able to get 5 squares done on my afghan. The first five were pretty easy stitches so things moved fast, but they will slow down now because they are getting harder. Plus the fact that I had to get glasses because of my crocheting (can we say old lady) it makes it hard to watch TV and crochet at the same time since they are just reading glasses.
- Commit to working out AT LEAST 3 days a week - no less. I didn't quite make this goal, but I went to the gym more this past month than I have in awhile, so that helped out. It didn't help that I got the nasty stomach bug in the middle of the month and it put a damper on working out, or my desire to work out.
- Spend less time with the TV or radio on in the house and more time in silence talking to God. Still working on putting this one into action. I'm doing good with quiet in the car when I'm driving, just need to work on the house.
- Cook one new recipe a week. Didn't really happen. This one was harder than I thought. I wait too late to make my grocery list and just revert to the oldie but goodie recipes. We will see what this month holds.
February Goals- In order to work on trusting God more with my life, I want to strive to live in future grace. I don't want to just focus on the grace that God has given me in circumstances past to guide my actions for the present and future. I want to focus on the future promises of God, knowing that He is faithful and just and that my future is already laid out before me. Leave my life anxiety!!
- Memorize 1 scripture. Since I wasn't so great at it last month, I'm going to start small!
- Wake up at 5:30 to spend time in the Word and prayer. I know this is early, but on the days I work, I have to get up that early to get it in so I am trying to train myself to have a routine. The past two days = good. Hopefully that will continue.
- Crochet at least 2 squares. Being realistic since the stitches are getting harder.
- Work out at least 3 days a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment