The past couple of weeks, small things have been happening that have just made me so happy!
For our first anniversary my in-laws took us to J. Alexander's for dinner. That night I ordered the special filet kabobs and LOVED them. The problem was they were a special - not on the menu. They only plan their specials about a day in advance so it's a little hard to call ahead and figure out when they are serving them. I haven't had them since that night. So, two weeks ago my in-laws took us back to J. Alexander's for Nate's birthday. As we were seated, I was talking to Sherry about the kabobs and how I could never catch a night they were serving them. Well our waitress came to deliver the specials and started out with "Our first special is the filet kabobs..." That is all she got out of her mouth. I literally bounced up and down in my seat, clapping and squealing. She just looked at me and said "I guess I know what you are having". Of course - and let me tell you I ate like a gladiator that night. I put away the entire plate of food (they were as good if not better than I remember) as well as part of the Snicker's pie that we ordered! :) I walked out of there that night pleasantly full and so happy!
For those of you that don't know, I have chronic heartburn, to the point that it affects my day to day life. After being diagnosed with a hernia - the doc prescribed Zegerid for me. It's basically like taking Pepcid and Prilosec together, so there really is not an OTC drug I can take. This year, the prescription went up to $150 for 2 months. So I was on the hunt for an OTC that I thought might work. Walking through Kroger a couple of weeks ago, there was a display at the checkout counter for Zegerid OTC - I almost starting cheering and dancing right there in the store. but I contained myself and called Nate with the excitment when I got in the car. Better yet - they sell it at Costco - jackpot!!
I have been wanting a new vacuum for awhile now. Our current one is disgusting and it is old - it came with the house when Nate bought it (I just learned this the other day). So I have been asking if we could get a nice vacuum. So my wonderful husband being the man he is, agreed to let me go buy an Oreck. After researching a little bit between Oreck's and Dyson's - we decided an Oreck would be better for his allergies. We went to the Oreck store in Cool Springs and bought one! The entire time the guy kept explaining new features and showing me what they did - I would clap and get excited. I was like a giddy child getting the best prize at the party. I know you are old when you get excited about vacuums, but hey - it's the little things! This vacuum is awesome by the way. I LOVE the canister vac that came with it - I was able to reach places I never could with my old vac and I was finally able to clean our couches the proper way with my upholstery attachment. If you are in the market for a new vacuum - I highly recommend it!
I like hummus. And for those of you who don't know me well, I am a creature of habit. I ate the same thing for lunch all the way through high school. Turkey sandwich, chips, fudge round, and a drink. It might vary slightly and I might add something, but for the most part it stayed the same. Well, once I get on a kick with something - I tend to eat that for a very long time. It makes packing lunch a lot easier! So, at Costco, they sell individual hummus. You can get 16 tubs for under $5 (that is what 4 of them cost at Kroger). About 6 months ago they stopped carrying it at Costco and I was devastated. I had to change up my lunch. Finally last month I resigned to buying the big container and spooning some out each morning - not fun. I also had to clean all those little containers - even less fun. So yesterday, Nate and I went to Costco for our bi-weekly trip and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but the individual hummus was back!!!! Whoooo hooo! I did clap a little in the store yesterday. Like I said - it's the little things! (Oh and I also got 64oz. of Odwalla Pink Poetry Smoothie Juice for under $2 because it was expiring on Saturday. Amazing!!!)
So, I hope that you too can find excitement in the little things! Life is so much fun when you do! Just ask Nate, he gets a kick out of it.
1 comment:
You are dear to me! I love that little things make you smile. I am excited to go find the individual ones again. I got hooked last summer.
Post a Comment