Saturday, May 8, 2010

Just a Little Happy

It is a beautiful day outside!!!  Nate and I decided that we would take Lucie for a walk at Ellington Agriculture Center today.  It is right down the road from our house and we have never been.  I drive through there every time I go to the library and have noticed they have built a new greenway at the back of the center.  We started on the greenway today, but it was only half a mile long one way.  We saw that there were some hiking trails around the center so we decided to take the long one.  As soon as we got on the trail Lucie saw a beautiful butterfly and curiously started chasing it.  Everytime she would get close the butterfly would fly ahead.  It did this for about the first quarter mile of the hike - so we had our own little butterfly guide that wanted to take a walk with us today.  I love butterflies and just recently I learned that they only live 2 weeks.  So I am glad that we go to spend part of this little butterfly"s life with him.  (My apostrophe key has stopped working in my emails and on my blog - it sends me to some kind of search field at the bottom of my screen.  It is annoying on so many levels, so I just am having to quotation marks to fill in for now until Nate can figure out what is wrong!)

So thank you butterfly for being such a good guide and providing Lucie some entertainment on our walk today!  Hopefully we caught you at the beginning of your life and you have a full life of 2 weeks ahead of you!

No comments: