About a month ago we went to see a fertility doctor and she suggested that I start taking Clomid and also suggested we go ahead and try IUI (artificial insimination). We were a little taken aback that she would suggest this so soon, but we had already had all the tests we needed so we decided to think about it. After some thought, we decided that we would go ahead and try it this month. We went to the doctor today and she said that everything looked good - so we will be going in for the IUI on Thursday at 2:30.
I am hopeful, excited, scared, anxious, and about a ton of other emotions. This has been a hard road for us, but it has also been a good road for us. So I write this to ask for prayer. A couple of things to pray for:
- I struggled with seeking fertility help. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God is the creator of life. But I also know that God has given us these procedures for times like this. No matter what I do, the life I hope to carry will still be ordained and created by God. I am peace with this now, but I do pray that Nate and I would be able to keep our focus where it should be. That we would not lose ourselves in science, but that we would be patient and wait for the Lord to accomplish His will in His time.
- Obviously - the big prayer is for life to be created on Thursday. It sounds kind of funny to me now that I'm writing this out, but that is our biggest prayer request right now!
- I pray that we would continue to live in hope no matter what happens in the next couple of weeks. We know that our chances of getting pregnant are higher, but we also know that it may not work. We have to rest in the Lord's peace knowing that He is taking care of us, and during this time - that is a really hard thing to do.
1 comment:
Hey gal! It's been awhile since we've talked, and I come here from time-to-time to catch up on what's been going on with you. I hope everything went well yesterday. I know it's hard, and in a similar way, I understand the pain of the wait. As much as I'm trying to believe it for myself, just remember that God has a perfectly timed, perfectly orchestrated plan. And, while it doesn't always look like we think it should, ultimately it's for His glorification. And, this must mean big, good things for your life. Praying for you and Nate. Hang in there!
Post a Comment