This past weekend was our weekend of celebration. We had our 3rd Annual Backyard Birthday Bash for B on Saturday night and it was so much fun. I worried about rain all day, but the rains never came and it turned out to be a beautiful night! Of course Nate smoked his pork shoulder and beef brisket and I made my homemade ice cream. Perfect food for a hot night! Nate even surprised me by hiring a live band for the party! (Only kidding). We did have live music though, some of our neighbors behind us were apparently throwing a big party and had a 90's cover band playing all night. They were actually pretty good, so we all enjoyed the treat! I always have good intentions of taking pictures, and then I get busy and forget to take them - so I don't have many to post! Oh well - Nate and I were able to take one together before the party!
My grandfather's birthday is on June 1. So we went to celebrate both of our birthdays yesterday at my parent's house. My dad grilled some good burgers and we just sat on the back porch and talked for awhile. It was a fun afternoon!
What a great weekend - thanks to all of those who made me feel so celebrated! 29 is going to be a good year!!!
1 comment:
I still feel bad we didn't make it. It sounds like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment