Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 2 Post-Op

Well, I'm feeling pretty good today.  The pain in the actual surgical sites is worse today, but that is to be expected I guess.  I have also heard that the third day post-op can be the worst. so we will see how that goes.

I know I already typed pretty much what the doc said yesterday, but Nate said she was shocked that she found so much endemetriosis.  Especially since I didn't show too many classic symptoms of the disease.  This is all very good news.  She was able to remove the endemetriosis and the cysts - which I am glad about, epecially the one fused to my pelvis.  It is just amazing to me that they could not tell that with all the many ultrasounds I have had over the past couple of months.

She told Nate that I should be a lot more fertile after this procedure.  Again comforting news.  We go back for a post-op appointment in two weeks - on Wednesday.  We will know a lot more then once we both get to sit down and discuss a plan of action.

I am so glad to have this behind me.  It was so last minute but with what she found, it was so worth it.  It's one of those things that it's just good to have a diagnosis.

Just continue to pray for us.  Pray for my recovery.  Pray for Nate - as most of the time I'm not a good patient!  Considering that this my first "major" surgery (to me anyway - not major in the medical world) I feel like I am doing pretty well and he is of course taking great care of me.  Pray for us as we head back to the doc in the next couple of weeks, that the Lord would give us insight and wisdom as to how to move forward.

I believe that everything we have gone through has been for a good purpose.  It has challenged us and made us stronger people.  Even the emotional roller coaster of 3 failed IUI's has been worth it because I don't think we would have ever found this out and the endemetriosis would have only gotten worse I'm sure.

Now I feel like I'm rambling - so I will stop and update after the doc.  Thanks again for your prayers and all of your words of encouragement.  They are really appreciated.

Here's to a speedy recovery and long naps today! :)

No comments: