We have a guest author today. Bird sent an email out last night - so some of you have already read this, but I was in tears from laughing so hard after reading this last night. I had to repost it. I just copied and pasted the email, so it is written from Birdie's perspective.
So-So and the clump of hair
Today's drama - So-So came running to me crying and handed me a clump of hair and said, "Mommy sissy just cutted my hair!"
I must admit, a few tears fell as I looked at the pretty curls in my hand and the side of So-So's hair more than halfway gone on the front left side of her hair.
Well, of course I had to document!
I call for both girls to come to the ottoman in the den and sit down. I asked Goose first because So-So told me Goose cut her hair. "Goose, did you cut So-So's hair?" Her response, "no" "So-So, did you cut your own hair with the scissors?" response, "No, mommy Sissy did it." "Goose, did you cut So-So's hair?" literal response, "Mommy, I did not" This went back and forth four times!
The culprit - Goose guilty of cutting her sister's hair!
Goose got in trouble not so much for cutting So-So's hair though she knows her mommy and daddy are not happy about the cutting. Goose did however choose to lie to her mommy four times when I asked her if she cut So-So's hair. Without any words to say to Goose other than, "Goose mommy is very upset with you right now, you need to go to your room, you may not play with any toys, books, dolls or stuffed animals. If I come to your room and see you are playing with anything you will not watch TV for a month - (now I am thinking, WHAT? did I say a MONTH? Ok that was just about the silliest thing I could have said to her, thank goodness she did not play with anything, that could have been a punishment for all of us.)
So, I call Bub because I just don't know exactly the way I need to handle the cutting and lying. Bub says immediately, I will be home in a bit to take care of it. I am thinking, whewwwwww, thank goodness I don't have to deal with this one. So I go upstairs and tell Goose her daddy will be home soon to deal with her cutting and lying. (As I leave Goose's room I think, wow I remember those days of having to stay in my room when I got in trouble and mom saying, "your daddy will handle this when he gets home from work. Oh it was grueling)
Goose begins to cry as I leave the room mummbling something like I just cuutttted her hair but I didn't mean to and I know So-So's not mad but I just........blah blah blah. I kinda wanted to laugh all the while So-So is saying "Mommy sissy wasn't supposed to cut my hair was she?" I say, no she wasn't to So-So's reply of, "ummm huh that's right" (What, where am I church?) Then So-So saying over and over again, "Mommy I didn't cut my hair I am not in trouble riiiiiiight? (those of you have not heard So-So say "right" it is very drawn out and southern) and So-So saying Mommy, daddy is gonna give sissy a spanking on the bottom cause she cut my hair, riiiiiiiiight?
Oh my these are the days!!!!!!! I love them even in the middle of drama!
We were supposed the have 3 and 5 year portraits done this weekend. Thinking I am going to have to reschedule until there is some hair growth!
Blessings to all
Birdie
No comments:
Post a Comment