Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Winter Warmth

I can become obsessed with something pretty quickly.  Ever since I finished crocheting my afghan, I have become obsessed with crocheting things.  I really feel old, but I love it.  I gained some confidence by completing my afghan and learning so many new stitches.  I made 2 scarves last year, but they were just plain colors and regular stitches - I wanted to try something different this year.

The first scarf I made was with the yarn that was left over from my afghan.  I also incorporated the rose square that I loved so much from my afghan.  It is a little more narrow that I would like, but I wore it out to a football game last weekend and it did its job in keeping me warm!



The second scarf was inspired by a scarf that I saw in a movie last year.  I am pretty sure it was one of the many Christmas movies that I watched (thank you Lifetime, Hallmark and ABC Family for the numerous Christmas movies that you provide for me to waste my time with) - so hopefully I will catch it again this year and get to see how close I got to replicating it.  It doesn't matter though, because I like it!  My all time favorite color is blue - really any shade of it, so I started with a couple of shades of blue, then added in orange and yellow as accents.  I crocheted 14 Granny Squares - each with a different pattern, then sewed them together to make my scarf.  I am pretty pleased with this one and I am going to try to make a hat to match since I have so much yarn left over.


I hope I can complete my hat and either way, I think I might take a little break so it doesn't take over my life!  I was able to do both of these scarves in less than two weeks - so I'm getting faster.  If you have an idea of scarf you would like and just can't find - contact me, I might just be able to make it for you!  Also I feel confident with afghans now as well - don't hesitate to ask.  I would rather work on something for someone else now - I have enough.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

The blue scarf is adorable!!! Blue is my favorite color as well. I am impressed!