Monday, February 14, 2011
Love From Above
Today is the day that we are told to celebrate love. For some people this is their favorite holiday and they love to shower their friends and loved ones with gifts. For others it can be one of the most painful holidays to live through. Me - I can take it or leave it. Sure, it's nice to have a day to set aside to celebrate your love for someone - to take a pause and make sure you tell someone you love them. But I don't need a holiday to do that.
As I was leaving the gym today - I was overcome with excitement at the beautiful day we have been gifted by our Heavenly Father. As I continued to let that sink in, I began to think about the love my Father has for me. My Heavenly Father loves me like no one on this earth does - like no one on this earth can. So why not let this day be about celebrating the greatest love of all. All of the sudden I'm excited about Valentine's Day! This is a day to celebrate a Father who loves me so much that He sent His only Son to die on the cross to take on all my sin - then He rose again to conquer that sin once and for all! My Father loves me so much that He disciplines me in a way that continues to mold me into the woman that He wants me to be. A Father who loves me unconditionally and will never leave me. Sure, we have lots of holidays where we celebrate our Father, but why not add another one to the mix.
So whether you love this holiday or hate this holiday - take a moment to pause today and thank the Lord for His LOVE.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amen, I love what you said and how you said it. Nathan is a blessed man and you are an example of what Nathan's waiting on the Lord brought to our family. So we are waitng with you both for more treasures from Abba. Love,DOC
Post a Comment