My heart overflows with joy today as I get to write this post. Today was a long anticipated day for me. I remember watching my first dedication at our church, holding back tears because I wondered if Nate and I would ever get to do that. During our struggle it sometimes got to the point that when I saw a dedication coming, we would miss church that Sunday because it was just too painful. That phase didn't last long and I got to the point where I could sit through them again, but I would still long for a child of my own to dedicate.
Over the past couple of weeks I have been made aware over and over again of the blessing that this child is to Nate and me. She is God's blessing to us - His gift to us. Because she is His gift to us then we dedicate her to Him and make it our goal that we train her up in the ways of the Lord and pray that she choose to follow Him.
As parents, we were asked to choose a verse to read, a verse to pray over her life. We chose Colossians 1:9-10 for her verse: "For this reason also, since the day we heard of you, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God..." We pray these things over our sweet child.
We were blessed to have our family as well as our church family surrounding us today - also dedicating to help raise our little one in the ways of the Lord. What a special day it was.
Baby girl - you have brought unimaginable joy to our lives. Your daddy and I love you so much and are so thankful for you. May you choose to follow the Lord with all your heart at an early age and may your daddy and I live a life that will only serve to point you to your Heavenly Father.
 |
| With all of her 1st cousins - yep all girls! |
 |
| Pop and JuJu with their Grand Girls |
 |
| Doc and GaGa with their Grand Girls |
 |
| With one of her Great Grandmothers |
 |
| With the other Great Grandmother - what a blessing to have both of them attend this special day |
 |
| It's been awhile since we have had a big picture with Nate's side of the family |
No comments:
Post a Comment