Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Someone is a Big Girl

Well... we started cereal this morning!!  She did pretty well with it.  She has a problem when the bottle is taken out of her mouth halfway through her feeding.  So she was fussy the first few spoonfuls until she realized that it was food as well - then of course she wanted more.  A couple of times she even leaned into the spoon.  We took video - which I will post on here as soon as I figure out how to get it off the video camera!  But for now here are some shots I took with my phone.




In other news - we are not sleeping well this week.  Naps are really short, we are waking early in the morning, and now as I sit and type this - she is trying to go back to sleep.  She went down at 7 tonight, didn't fall asleep until 8 and is now waking back up to try to fall back asleep at 8:30.  Here's hoping that my night isn't a long one.

I am reading a book called the Wonder Weeks.  It basically talks about their huge developmental leaps that they take at certain weeks - those are weeks when they are generally more fussy than other and it can affect their sleep all sorts of crazy ways.  We are in the throws of one of those weeks right now.  She started rolling over from her tummy to her back with ease today and started really looking at toys that were in her hand today as well.  HOPEFULLY this book is right and this is what is happening this week.  Because if the book is right - we are in for a few blissful weeks ahead once she finishes this leap.  I hope someone flips her switch soon and she starts sleeping better because this mommy is frustrated and tired!

In other, other news - I still have a very happy baby.  Though it doesn't look like it from the pictures above - she is smiling more often and even beginning to really smile at strangers.  Even after sleeping a short amount of time, she wakes up happy.  I can't complain.  She is becoming more interactive, which means it is a lot more fun to play with her.  So with the bad comes the good - and those smiles make all the frustrations melt away.  Maybe that's why God made babies so cute - just like puppies - you just can't be frustrated too long!

No comments: