Yesterday Monkey and I went to Babys R Us to pick up a few things. We were in the food aisle and I was just looking at the selection when a mom wheeled up with her son who was probably around 12 months old. (I'm not a good judge of baby age since my 9 month old looks like a 12 month old!). Monkey lit up when she saw him - she loves kids. We are not often around children that her age. Most of our friends have toddlers or even older children. She is around kids her age in the nursery at church, but I'm not usually there to see her interact with them.
The other mom was really nice and also looking for food so they were left sitting there looking at each other. They truly had a full conversation in their own language while we were shopping. They would talk back and forth and even laugh occasionally. I so wish I knew what they were saying! It was so much fun to watch her interact like that. She is more of a social baby than her solemn beginnings led me to believe she would be.
It's fun when those interactions are spontaneous, most planned activities have led to quiet babies who play by themselves. Maybe she met her first little boyfriend yesterday - I should have gotten her contact information! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment