Saturday, December 6, 2014

Lil Bit is 9 Months

Lil Bit is 9 months today!  I tried to get some good pictures this morning, but it was a little hard because she started really crawling about 2 days ago and now she won't sit still - AT ALL!  For lighting, I was trying to capture them without a flash which made most of them blurry.  I had to turn the flash on for some of them to get some shots.  The flash is actually what made her start smiling. :)

She is still a happy, content little one.  She really does bring so much added joy to our family.  You can pretty much always get a smile out of her, unless she doesn't feel well.
She still sleeps pretty well.  She is pretty sensitive though.  Any kind of new skill will keep her up for awhile during naps and then usually from about 1-3 in the morning.  She loves to just lay in bed and talk from 1-3.  That's fine, except it keeps me up in the middle of the night and she doesn't even need me!
She has started to become more vocal.  She will babble sometimes, but her favorite sound is Da.  She will refer to her daddy sometimes, but that is mainly just the sound she likes to make right now.
She still loves to eat more than take her bottle.  Her two very favorite foods are avocado and clementines still.  She does love her bread too!
She is very curious.  Always interested in whatever is going on - especially when it comes to her sister.  Monkey isn't too willing to share just yet, but I'm hoping when Lil Bit can play with her a little more they will enjoy playing together. 
She will play pretty well by herself if there is no one around in the room.  But once someone walks in the room and even passes by her she is done playing by herself.  She will scream at you until you get her out of her play pen.
She still only has her 2 bottom teeth.  I believe she is working on her two top ones at the moment.  See the drool in the picture below - it is like this all the time with this one.
She had her first real sickness last week.  It was a scary one for this momma.  She had croup.  She woke up in the middle of the night on Sunday - I thought it was her teeth so I went up to give her medicine and when I rolled her over she was wheezing very loudly.  It was a horrible sound, but thankfully it didn't scare her.  She got 2 days of steroid and I believe that really helped her.  Now she will apparently just have a cold for a good long while.  Yay! Drool and snot!
She doesn't much care for books at the moment.  She can't sit still long enough to enjoy one!
She loves Lucie.  She will try anything she knows how to do to get Lucie's attention whenever she comes into a room.
She is still very much a paci girl.  She needs to have them to go to sleep.  She has started throwing them out of the crib though.  She is enjoying figuring out gravity and watching things fall.
She really enjoys listening to music.  She starts clapping every time a song comes on.  She went to Monkey's music class for the first time with us yesterday and she LOVED it.  She crawled around the room and watched all the other kids and clapped with the songs.
She still has her birth mark on the back of her neck and I love that I caught this shot of it.
She was interested in trying to erase all the letters!
In the last 2 days she has learned to pull up on things...
This is the first day that she has tried to pull up on something higher than her head!  I think we are in trouble!

Monkey wanted to join in on the pictures at the end.  I sure do love these 2 little blessings! Thank you Lord!

No comments: