Sunday, June 7, 2015

Beach Vacation with the Meyers

We just got back yesterday from our beach trip down to Rosemary with the Meyers.  It was a lot of fun, but vacationing with 2 little ones is completely exhausting!  We are recovering today and I will try to get as many posts done today that I can!

We stayed in the same complex we did last year, but we had a different house.  This house had 2 levels of wonderful covered porches so we spent a lot of our time outside, even when we weren't in the pool or at the beach.  I didn't get to go to the beach that much last year, so I was down there every chance I got this year!  It was wonderful.  Another wonderful thing is being married to a man that doesn't really care for the beach.  Every day during nap time, I would head down to the beach to read while he stayed at the house and napped with the girls.  Truly refreshing!!

Lil Bit hated the sand on the beach, which was what I expected.  She was happy in a chair or on a towel just like her sister was at that age.  She did however LOVE the ocean as did Monkey again this year.  Both of them enjoyed just floating out in the ocean and riding the waves.  Some of the days the waves were even pretty rough and Lil Bit enjoyed them crashing on top of her.  She would just laugh.  Monkey even got brave on a few of the calmer days and would swim in the ocean with her puddle jumper and goggles.  She loved looking under water to see what she could see.  It was a banner year for this momma who really doesn't like the ocean.  There were lots of sting rays spotted and one even caught right in front of me, a few shark spottings and we even swam in the ocean one day with a lot of little jellyfish - 2 different kinds.  I don't want to share my fear of the ocean with my girls, so I was determined to be brave this year.

Both girls loved the pool and Monkey worked on her swimming skills every day with her daddy and I.  She got to where she would swim pretty far and even take some breaths in between.  She will be pretty good by the end of the summer!

We were right across the street from a little area of shops.  They had live music there every night and we walked over and got ice cream a few times during the week.

The girls both enjoyed having their cousins, aunt and uncles and grandparents there to play with them.  It was a great week!

First I will share some pictures from my phone and the rest of the week there will be more pictures coming...

She was so excited and proud to be walking out by herself

And then she got to the sand... WAS NOT A FAN! 
Sunset on our first night there




Lil Bit LOVED relaxing in the chairs under the umbrella.


Reading with Uncle Brad
She got to pet an alligator one night at a restaurant and it didn't scare her one bit!
Having cousins to play with at the beach makes vacation a lot more fun! 
Snacks at the beach are a must!!
Funny antics during breakfast time on the porch.



Lil Bit loved floating in her float, but she also just wanted to be in the water so the last day I held her for awhile
The last day we put her down on the beach and let the waves crash on top of her.  Though her face doesn't show it, she actually enjoyed it for awhile!


We enjoyed the last rays of sun down on the beach the last day. 

There was a storm coming and the sun setting in the other direction caused the rays to form on the other side of the sky.  It was pretty neat to see.
The worst rain we saw all week started about 10 minutes after we got inside that last night.

No comments: