Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve we headed over to my parents house for brunch.  We had a yummy meal and then we all sat down to listen to the story of Christ's birth from the Bible, pray and then open presents.  I love that the tradition I remember growing up with still stands.  My favorite memories from growing up do not revolve around Christmas morning or the presents I got (though those were really fun and exciting).  My favorite memories revolve around our tradition that remained the same no matter what - every Christmas Eve.  We would go to our Christmas Eve service, come home and eat a big dinner.  Then we would gather in whatever family room we had in our house and we would read the Luke 2 Bible story.  After that, my dad would say a prayer.  He would pray over each one of us, prayers of thanksgiving and prayers for the year ahead.  After all that, we would then open our presents.  They always ended with my dad writing poems for my mom to find all the gifts that he had hidden somewhere in the house.  I love traditions and I think that is one of the reasons why.  It was special and it was and is still in some ways our families, just ours.

We enjoyed our time at Pop and JuJu's.  Here are some pictures from the day.

So-So and Goose both read us the story this year.






There was one last gift and she was excited to get it!  It was a swing car.

She hopped right on and tried it out.
She got the hang of it pretty quickly.


No comments: