Monday, September 26, 2016

Read Aloud

The blog that I stumbled upon is called Read Aloud Revival.  IT IS AMAZING!!  The author is a christian mom of 6 that homeschools her children.  She has a passion for books and more than that has a passion for reading aloud to her children - no matter their age.  I have loved reading to Monkey since she was born and she will sit for as long as I will read to her.  So far, we have only been reading picture books.  But I have been wanting to get into read aloud chapter books in the evening after dinner.  With the time change we won't be able to play outside as late and there is just something so calming about reading before bed on those nights that we happen to be home.

This mom has so many great recommendations for good literature that I feel like I hit the goldmine.  She is also always adding booklists.  They are age rated for read aloud age and then separately for independent reading age.  My passion for good books is growing so much I joked with Nate the other day that after the girls are out of the house I might go back to school and get my library science degree and work somewhere as a librarian! ;)

Monkey loves the movie Mary Poppins, so currently we are trying to start with the first Mary Poppins book.  The chapters are a little long so we will see if it was a good first choice, but so far she is liking it.  And it is pretty different from the movie so I am enjoying reading it as well!

No comments: