Sunday, October 16, 2016

Fall Fairyland Indeed!

I LOVE FALL!!  I love everything about it.  The weather, the color of the sky, the smell, the sounds, simply the time of year, EVERYTHING.  I also love trying to find new, fun things to do in the fall and this year I found a little gem.

Owl's Hill Nature Center hosted a Fall Fairyland this year.  I thought it would be a fun trip to take with just Monkey and her Grandmothers.  The weather started looking a little uncertain the closer we got and then yesterday arrived and it couldn't have been more perfect!  I also wasn't sure what to expect and couldn't find any online reviews, but it sounded fun so we headed out yesterday afternoon.

When you arrived they gave you a little bag with twine, sunflower seeds and beeswax with some rules.  The sunflower seeds were your "fairy gold" so you could "buy" decorating items at the Gnome Depot.  Then you used the beeswax as your glue to hold things together.  Everything had to be built using natural materials.  You could build anywhere in a certain wooded and shaded area and pick up anything off the ground to use.

I think I had more fun building the structure than anyone else and I think that Monkey had more fun going on scavenger hunts with her grandmothers and finding things to use for decoration.  You leave the house there and once everyone is done all the little girls have created a "Fairyland".  It was not crowded at all, but we weren't the only people there.  It was a wonderful, peaceful Saturday afternoon and it was a wonderful memory made!

After we go through with building the house we got to walk up and see the owl's that they have on the property.  They were so beautiful.  Many of them had been hit by cars and could no longer fly so they had come to live at the center.  Monkey loved getting to hear their stories and seeing them while we were there.












No comments: