My goodness! The calendar turned to September and things have felt pretty crazy around here! It has been fun, but I don't think we have a good weekend break until January!
We have been enjoying fall, but I wish it wasn't so warm! We have had a few random cool days here and there, but this heat is killing me. I'm ready to stop running our AC at night just so we can all sleep comfortably! I think it's finally coming to stay next weekend, but I guess we will see.
This has been a fun weekend, one of some good family time (today was at least!). We went to Monkey's soccer game yesterday morning and then I headed over to Murfreesboro to work an Usborne booth with one of my friends. I LOVE these books and there are some awesome reference books for homeschooling, so she is paying me in books to help her out a little this holiday season!
This morning we woke up and headed to our early church service. Today was the last day for Cheekwood Harvest and I wanted to head over to see the scarecrows and the mums. It was a BEAUTIFUL morning. We have never been to Cheekwood on a Sunday morning. We got there right after they opened and it wasn't crowded at all. We got to lazily stroll through the gardens, look at the pumpkins, scarecrows and mums. The girls really enjoyed staying at the trains for awhile too. We stayed for almost 2 1/2 hours before we headed home for naps.
After we rest this afternoon, we headed over to some of our friends' house. Bill and Molly live on a farm just down the road from us and have renovated and built a new home. This was our first time seeing their new home and we all got to go see the horses. The girls got to feed the horses and even sit on one of older stallions. It has been forever since we have been able to spend time with them. It was a nice evening with good friends!
We are pooped and now we have to get ready for Halloween!
Here are some pictures from our day:
 |
| S'mores head scarecrow |
 |
| We loved the owl made out of CD's |
 |
| Monkey wanted her picture made with this one - I almost wish I could vote for this guy - I would feel better about it! |
 |
| Who doesn't love Pete the Cat! |
 |
| Awesome Pumpkin House! |
 |
| The mums were beautiful!! So many different colors... |
 |
| We stopped in the shade for some snacks and to spend a little time by the waterfall. It was such a peaceful morning! |
 |
| They would have stayed in here watching the trains all day... |
 |
| Family selfie! |
 |
| Not good lighting, but a fun picture! |
Here are some pictures of the girls and the horses... Molly put them on Prelude while he was eating his dinner so you can't see his face.
 |
| Monkey did awesome. She is usually more hesitant, but she let Molly put her right up there and she sat on Prelude and talked to him. |
 |
| Lil Bit was ready to bust through the gate before her turn! She loved it! |
 |
| Monkey got to lead the pony around the ring all by herself. She was so excited and did so good! |
 |
| Lil Bit was ready to get out there give it a try too! |
No comments:
Post a Comment