Pumpkin is 3 months old and I can hardly believe it! Time is moving by so very fast and we are trying to soak it all in.
Not sure how much she weighs, but she is now filling out her 3 month clothes nicely and she has started eating a little bit more. She is definitely a growing and happy girl!
She really loves to smile and you can get a smile out of her pretty easily. She will smile at you while she is taking her bottle and it makes it so hard to keep feeding her. She is a very content baby and is really happy when her sisters are around entertaining her. She usually only fusses when she is tired. She could care less about eating and has to be VERY hungry to fuss about eating.

She has given us 7 or 8 nights of sleeping through the night which have been fantastic! She still has some nights that she needs to eat, but she is doing very well at night. Daytime is a different story. She naps pretty well in her bed for about 45 minutes and then she tries to go back to sleep, but most of the time, she just wants to be held to sleep. She is my baby that is forcing me to slow down and just enjoy her. So most days, I end up holding her for at least one nap and I don't mind at all. (You know, it would be so nice if you could be as chill about your 1st as you are about your 3rd - you have all the time in the world to enjoy your 1st and if you are like me, you are worried that you will break them.)

She loves her play mat, her mobile and her mirror. She LOVES to kick her legs and she is starting to enjoy tummy time a lot more, especially if she has someone to play with. I can tell she would love to be able to roll over from her back to her belly and I see her trying a lot in her bed. It should still be awhile before that happens.
She already sleeps with both arms out at night and is doing great with it. I think she is our earliest baby to be unswaddled, but she really prefers it, so we just went with it!
She LOVES to talk. LOVES IT. I am pretty sure she talks more at this age than the other 2 did. She talks to herself, to her mobile and toys hanging on her play mat and she loves the most to talk to people. She will even sing with you. While you are singing to her, she will just make noise and when you stop, she stops. Lil Bit did this some and I love it! I love the social interaction she already has.
She goes to sleep well by herself in her bed, but if she is taking a nap on you, she takes a nap quicker if you pat her bottom and bounce her. She will also take her paci if she is sleeping on you and keeps it in the whole time, but she doesn't really take a paci in her bed. Since her hands have been out she is starting to get her hands to her mouth so I am hoping she will become a thumb sucker!
Her sisters love to hold her, but she is already starting to get too big to fit in their laps. Makes me a little sad. When we came home from the hospital she fit so neatly in their laps. They grow too fast at this age!
She is getting great head control and loves to be up where she can see things. She has spent a little time in the bumbo and getting used to it a little more each day.
There have been moments where she has almost laughed and I know it is coming. That is the next thing that I get so anxious about. I LOVE a good baby laugh and it is so good to heart it for the first time. I don't remember Lil Bit's first laugh but Monkey laughed on Feb. 5 as we were heading in to see our oldest niece get baptized. No one was looking at her and it was a cold morning so perhaps that was it, but it was the best sound in the world!
Lucie is very protective of her and will lay outside her room if she is crying. She is very gentle around her and has been just as good with her as with the other girls.
She will still grab your finger while she is eating or sleeping and I'm holding on to that as long as possible. There is something so sweet about the way they trust you so much and you can feel it in their grip.
Baby girl - what a gift you continue to be to our family. You truly are a bringer of joy to those around you already and we are really starting to settle in to being a family of 5. It will keep changing all the time as we all get older, but we are so thankful that God saw fit to give us another child, another blessing. And we are so thankful that that child is you. We love you sweet girl and are really enjoying seeing you develop and grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment