Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy 3rd Anniversary!


It's official - Nate and I have been married for 3 years today.  Sometimes it seems like we have been married a lot longer than that (in a good way!).  The past three years have been a roller coaster - but Nate has been my rock - he has been the strength of our relationship and for that I am so thankful.  God blessed me with a man that has stood by me, upholding me through this difficult journey - but also with a man that has been vulnerable through these times opening more of his heart to me daily.

This year we decided to celebrate by staying at the Opryland Hotel.  (They have a buy one night get one free special going for your anniversary right now - grab it up!).  I have to admit that I am not at all impressed with their rooms - they are a bit small and just pretty much like any other hotel room, but you pay for the experience.  We enjoyed eating at their yummy restaurants.  We had dinner at their Mexican restaurant on Friday night and dinner at Ravello, a romantic Italian restaurant on Saturday.  The Inaugural Ball was also held in the hotel on Saturday.  We headed over to the Delta to see what we could see.  There were State Troopers everywhere and we got to see people entering all dressed up, but sadly no Governor sighting.

It was a nice weekend of relaxing, good eating and walking around doing lots of people watching.

Happy Anniversary to my best friend and my one and only.  I love you babe!