Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Beach Pictures

Thinking about getting beach pictures with a 7 1/2 month old whose bedtime usually starts at 6 seemed impossible.  In order to get the right light for pictures we needed her to stay up late.  We were fine keeping her up, we just weren't sure she would be happy for pictures.

On Wednesday, I think her teeth were bothering her and she went down really late for her morning nap.  She actually ended up sleeping until noon that afternoon.  I started thinking that maybe we might be able to get some good pictures.  I was right!  She went down late for her afternoon nap and ended up sleeping until 5.  We decided at the last minute to take pictures that night (Nate's hair is still a little wet in the these pictures - he's not happy about that, but I think they turned out nice!).  Nate's brother came down and took some family pictures for us and then we kept her on the beach for some single shots.
I wasn't sure if she would be happy in the sand, so I put a white towel down under her.  Halfway through I took it up and she did fine.  Of course, most of my favorite ones are of her with the towel, but that's ok!
One of my good friends, Laura, made this precious dress for her.  I love the blue ribbons in it.  The dress has a Cris-cross pattern of lace on it and I love it!  I also love that I can change the color of the ribbons, but I love this color blue on her so these might be my favorite to use with it.
I love the scrunchy nose smile - so cute!



She wasn't sure when I first put her in the sand, but she grew to like it and we got some cute ones!




Love the look on her face in this picture.

Also loved the look on her face in this picture!
After we took our family pictures Doc and Ga-Ga got home from their dinner out so we did a quick outfit change and went back on the beach for some more pics.  There are some pics with her cousins coming in another blog.  This outfit was precious and I loved the faces he captured.

It looks like she is posing for the camera.  I love it!  She just took her dress and held it up there for awhile.  So cute!

No comments: