Monday, June 17, 2013

Asheville

This is a long overdue post.  I couldn't get the pictures to upload before we left for the beach, so I'm just now getting a chance to post these!

Over Memorial Day weekend we got to take a trip to Asheville, NC to visit my college roommate and her family.  This is the first time either of us have met each other's daughter so the trip was well over due!  Before we had our kids we started taking every other year and visiting each other - I think we only made it two years before babies came along.  We are hoping to start that tradition back up!

Because we had kids in tow this year, we didn't do a whole lot but play outside and eat out - two of my favorite things!  We were however able to fit two car seats in one car with room for all the adults and two strollers!  That made traveling around town so much nicer.  We are hoping to have to take two cars the next time we see them though - fingers crossed!

We arrived on Friday and settled in then headed out to get take out from 12 Bones BBQ.  This was very yummy BBQ with even yummier sides!  There were so many sides it was hard to choose.

Friday night, Monkey was being held by her daddy and she decided to drop my phone from that height.  It didn't make it this time and the screen shattered.  My phone was still usable, but only if I wanted to slice my finger every time I swiped my phone.  Anna and Jeff were generous with their time and thankfully I had an upgrade and we ran and got a new phone on Saturday.  (With insurance this time :) ).

After changing the phone we headed down to the Biltmore.  We saw the inside of the Biltmore the last time we were there and got a really good tour, so this time we were interested in the grounds.  They have a petting zoo on the property as well as some nice walking trails.  So we took the girls to the "farm" and let them see the animals, then headed out for a walk to the reflection pool.  The weather was so nice all weekend!
They had at least 10 baby goats all within ages of 2 weeks to 6 months.  They were precious!
 

She loved looking at the horses.
 



Being silly putting on Mommy's sunglasses!

She kept following the chickens around the grounds - I think they were her favorite.
 

Her new friend, ES, just chilling in the stroller.
After all that walking, we were hungry again and so we headed to get what may be the best tacos that I have ever put in my mouth at White Duck .  Oh my!  I had a Lamb taco and a Steak and Cheese taco.  So fresh and so flavorful.  We almost ate there twice in one day - I think we all would have!

We headed back to the house after a late lunch and let the girls nap a little while we sat on the deck and enjoyed the afternoon.  Then we headed back out to grab a light dinner at The Green Sage.  I had a yummy Curry Chicken Wrap that was just perfect for dinner.  After dinner, some other friends that we know there came over and we enjoyed sitting around the fire on a cool evening.

We got up Sunday morning and the girls played together a little while before we headed to church.  Monkey did great in the nursery and then we headed home to let the girls take a decent nap!  After their nap, we headed out for a short, but hilly walk in the neighborhood before we headed back out for dinner at Luellas' BBQ.  This was different BBQ than we had Friday night with different yummy sides to choose from.  Their chopped brisket was soo good!





Monday morning we got up and packed the car then headed out for our last meal.  We ate breakfast at Mayfel's in downtown Asheville.  I had some GOOD french toast made from brioche bread and the boys both had some egg dishes that looked fresh and so good.  From there we headed to iPlay.  I had been talking with Anna about getting a reusable swim diaper for this summer and I had been looking on Amazon at the iPlay diaper without realizing that they were founded in Asheville.  So we got to head on over to the storefront and pick out some things for the beach trip!


After a busy morning, we got in our car and headed home.  Our worn out little babe fell fast asleep in her bed that night at 6:45 and slept until the next morning.  What a fun weekend!  Thanks Anna and Jeff!

No comments: